You are a blessing!

I am grateful to the Lord for being able to share Christ (and some life) with you. May the contents here be a blessing to you.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Deep with God

I read a lot. Other than the Bible, there's A.W. Tozer, Andrew Murray, C.S. Lewis, and many others. Much of what will be written here is taken from some of those sources. In all honesty, I cannot lay claim to having very many original thoughts. But I can tell you what these thoughts have meant - and still mean - to me.

The following entries are reflections I would like to share with you.on those thoughts. I pray they will be of benefit, stirring you up as well.

________________________________________
Deep calls to deep at the roar of Your waterfalls; all Your breakers and Your waves have gone over me.” (Psa 42:7)
“For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God.” (1 Cor. 2:11, 12)
“The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God.” (Rom. 8:16)



Deep within each of us is a tucked-away place where only we live. It is that exclusive sanctum where the essence of our being—where we alone live. This essence is what it is all by itself without any reference to any other part of our complex nature. It is our “I Am,” and it is a gift from the I AM Who created us. He Who is eternal Spirit created the spirit that is me. I must remember that I am made in His image; I am, therefore, a spirit who temporarily resides in a flesh-and-blood body. That which makes me truly human is not a body but a spirit in which the Spirit of God originally lay.

The greatest loss we suffered was the loss of that intimate communion, when God vacated that place. For in that deep-within center where we live is a bush fitted to be the dwelling place of the living God. It simply will not hold another, for another cannot hope to fill its depths or burn with holy righteousness as does God. So intimate is this place that even God will not again enter without getting an invitation of faith. “Behold I stand at the door and knock,” He reminds us (Rev. 3:20).


Remember the words of Augustine:
Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our hearts are restless until they find rest in Thee.
We are Christian Bedouins. We are pilgrims in an unholy land, traveling to that city whose builder is God Himself. We forever depend upon His Spirit for light and life and rest. When the I AM Who is God is once again the burning bush within and His Holy Spirit has free and absolute reign, our true identity is revealed, and He calls us His children.

We must press on and let the deepness of the Lord call and carry us from faith to faith, from glory to glory, from childhood to full acknowledgement as a son of God. Remember Whose you are and rejoice in His choosing of you (John 15:16).

No comments:

Post a Comment